Saturday, November 13, 2010

right vs. wrong

Just wanted to continue on my last blog and answer some of the questions posted. First the question about considering the public stripping of the children. I kind of look at it this way when I have a doctor look at me I don't consider it public. Aren't we supposed to have patient doctor confidentiality? I don't think that would change by the amount of doctors who view the child its still confidential. While this may effect a child physically and/or emotionally what about the million of children it will save? It may sound crude but you have to look at the risk reward factor. Possibly hurting one child may be worth the amount of children it could save. Also it is not the doctor who can take on how this will effect the child. The child's guardian has a right to say no. That part should be put on their shoulders.

Lastly who would this benefit? Does it benefit the child? I would say yes all those doctors discussing one child the more thoughts and ideas the better. Will it benefit the medical profession? Why sure it's cost affective and unfortunately in the state we live in that has to be a factor. So does time with the amount of time some children are given to live with disabilities the more help the better. Unfortunately this whole idea is not pretty, but getting over the political correctness of somethings is the best way to help people. I just think this maybe one of those occasions. Thomas Moss (post 15)

No comments:

Post a Comment