Friday, November 12, 2010

Confusion

In Eli Clares "Stones' in my Pockets, Stones in my Heart" I see a very confused little girl. This piece for me, brought a lot of unanswered questions. In regards to her gender view which I guess on her web site is he, it is very hard to separate her early life from her life today. It is hard to believe that her early life didn't shape her decisions today. For example, the events of her father dressing her like boy and do what is typically what people call manly duties. If the child is already confused of ones gender this would have a signifieant impact over time. Similar to children who watch wrestling over time start acting out what the see. Another event was the painting at the carnival, when the painter thought she was a boy. Though she give the impression she was leading towards that thought at the time, she still an encouraging event. And also through out her piece she seem unsure her self of how she got where she is now. But I think that a confusion question for us all, How we got where we are?

No comments:

Post a Comment