Saturday, November 20, 2010

Marjane's development as a Child

Throughout the book, Marjane has developed as any child would, adapting to her surroundings and growing as she is told and born and raised to grow. However as she grows and becomes more intelligent, she comes into a fork in a path and has to start choosing what to believe and what to fight for. At first thanks to school, she begins to develop a belief completely contradictory to what her parents believe. Another reason she may have began to believe otherwise is because for her own protection her parents didn't let her come to protest rally's that they went to, which didn't help their own case very much, because it gave her no evidence.
The reason her development is significant is because this is how children are influenced all over the world. When things happen in a child's life and they wonder why, if they are not convinced of why something is the way it is, they tend to assume otherwise. For example when i was younger i would hear something from my teacher and repeat it to my parents (or vice versa) and there were often times when i was told that the other party was incorrect. Often i believed the reason that disproved my initial teachings because more than not, it was easier to make it seem like something was wrong even if it wasn't. More often however, I (as I'm sure many other children do) believed my parents over my teacher for the sole reason that they were my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment