Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I just wanted to comment more on Satrapi choosing to exclude herself from the class photo. I wanted to say that I think the reason she chose to do that was to show that the story wasn't about her or for her. I think the story is more meant for those other children who maybe look just like her because they're are just like her. Maybe this story was is for them. It was brought up the fact that no one else was looking at the camera really. I thought that was a great point. Maybe they have the same story or have been through the same things but they can not speak out like Satrapi.

After reading my article I started taking a closer look at the reading. I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I started to notice what was mentioned in the article about how it's a story about a "girlhood" not about Satrapi herself. It's about the country around her. I think the fact that her speaking out when many women of that culture have to stay silent makes her an "Outcast" and thus a part of our course study. Good choice. Thomas Moss (post 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment