Saturday, September 18, 2010

Who is Ideal?

In the story, "Accomplice," Mrs. Hempel wants to be the ideal teacher. She brought her teaching ways to a different level. She wanted her students to learn material but in a different manor. The reason why I think she did this was because of her and her father's relationship. I feel as if it was almost like a rebelling act. Her students reactions were just like any student's reaction would be when they receive material with curse words. The ideal teacher would never do that, but Mrs. Hempel wanted to prove a point. Not every teacher has the same methods of teaching.
As a personal outlook when teachers are told they are a good teacher, they quit trying they do the same lesson year after year. The students know this is happening and the notebooks are passed down year after year. The students grades slowly start dropping and no one knows why, but it's because some students are just copying the same homework and not learning the material. I saw this a lot at my high school. I had a math teacher when I was a junior and my father had her as a math teacher, when he was a sophomore. She is still there to this day and my brother now has her as a teacher. She still teaches the same material the same way, and is believed to be the best teacher in the school. Personally I think teachers who make lessons interesting, and not drag to go to class are the better ones. But who is to say who the ideal teacher is?(Nicole Butzke, Post 3)

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea that Ms. Hempel creates the assignments that she does because she is a rebel. I would have liked you to have discussed this point in greater detail. How does the idea of her rebelling relate to her father and the nature of their relationship? Is she rebelling against an educational system that does not adequate recognize students' abilities? Does she want the relationship she has with her students to be more like the relationship she had with her father--"accomplices"? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete