Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Marjane's vision

I enjoyed the novel a lot I thought it was very enlightening to what has gone on in the middle east through the eyes of someone who lived there. I don't know if I'm a visual person or media loving person, but I'm enjoying the movie more. I feel it pushes the envelope but in cynical way that makes it funny. Actually seeing the characters moving around and giving them a voice instead of reading the words on a page I think make more of an impact. You get more of an understanding of what the characters are going through and see more of the connections between each other.

I've never really been a fan of reading a book and then watching the movie on the book it never usually works out. I'll be honest when I saw we were watching the movie I was quite surprised that in an English class we'd be watching a movie on a book, but I'm glad we did. I loved that fact they kept many of the frames from the novel especially the scene where they black out a whole picture after she saw her friends bracelet. Overall great movie good book but either way enlightening.
Thomas Moss (final post)

No comments:

Post a Comment