Monday, November 29, 2010

Film vs. Graphic Novel

Well I would much rather read a graphic novel rather than a regular book when it comes to a topic with this level of importance because a graphic novel has pictures which convey meaning a lot better than words a lot of times. I did really enjoy reading Persepolis as a graphic novel because it definitely changes your viewpoint about Iran as a country and the citizens that live there. Since we started watching Persepolis as a movie today I think I am enjoying the movie more so than reading the graphic novel. The movie shows more of what is going on in Iran rather than just what Marijane is going through. The movie conveys more emotions than the book did. The movie shows more of Iran in general than the graphic novel did but I feel like the movie is missing parts of the story that the graphic novel had. These parts may be small but all parts seemed important within the graphic novel. I can't think of an example off hand it just seemed like we got to the point of her leaving Iran very quickly and missed a whole bunch of events in between. Still I am enjoying the movie and am glad we are not only reading the graphic novel but also watching the movie.
(Kelcey Summers 22)

No comments:

Post a Comment